11/14/08

Joy

I had a moment this September when I think I saw something that will forever be my definition of joy. It was about 8:30 in the morning and I was drinking coffee at a local coffee place (I'm sure you know where). The weather was perfect so I sat outside, sipping my coffee and reading. I looked over to my right and saw five little birds hopping around. Thats right hopping. They kept eating little crumbs off the sidewalk and sharing them with each other. Just hopping around.
I think hopping might be the most joyful way of transporting oneself.
For some reason, the image those five bouncy birds stuck with me. Just thinking about it and writing about it puts a smile on my face.
I feel like I should be taking this point and making it deeper, but I think that would ruin it.
Just picture five tiny hopping birds and smile. make the connections in your own mind.

No comments: